Old 18-08-2005, 06:50 PM
David W.E. Roberts

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:34:42 +0100, Andy Pandy wrote:

snip
Mike, I've been interested by your posts and am obviously missing the
point. What is the purpose of subscribing to a group and then deleting
the messages ?

snip

This particular rule can only be set up by 'point and click' in a list of
subscribed news groups.

Thus you have to subscribe to the news group before you can include it in
a ruleset.

Seems damn stupid to me.

I can't remember if I tried unsubscribing after activating the rule; I
note I am still subscribed to the NG in question.

Effectively you get a NG which never has anything in, as you delete all
articles as they are downloaded.

However it does delete all articles which are cross-posted to other NGs,
which is the ultimate aim.

HTH

Dave R