Old 18-08-2005, 10:59 PM
wcrbudox

I posted once but it didn't appear.
It sounds like too much water either from raining or watering.
A lot of the potted tomatoes I have seen around here also have no hole for
drainage.The roots end up boiling or just plain rotting, in our heat.
The slower than expected maturing may be due to the variety and how long
they have been planted.
I don't know where you are or how much heat and sunlight exposure they have
so that limits my answer.
"geezer" wrote in message
I am trying a few tomatoes in pots this year - they are growing okay
but do not seem to be ripening to red very well. They remain mostly
green and are now crackening because they probably are almost
completely ripened? Any idea why they won't get red?

Thanks