Old 18-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Happy Moose

I do not believe deadheading has any effect on providing more energy for the
plant to bloom. If you want performance out of the plant then feed it
properly in spring and water it well. Also, plant it is the sun and a good
soil blend. I intentionally try set seed pods on the daylilies and have not
observed decreased growth of my plants. With good cultural practices in
place the daylily will perform well and will not be stressed in the
slightest because of some spent blooms.

BTW, I do deadhead the daylilies everyday so that I do not have to look at
the spent blooms. I cut them off high enough so that the pod will mature.

Bobby
Happy Moose Gardens
http://happymoosegardens.com