Old 18-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Diana Kulaga

Geoff,

I agree with Chris. Bright, but not direct light is most likely what this
plant wants, and it is not a Nobile. I noticed that the plant is potted in
moss, unless that is just a top dressing. If indeed it is in moss, you will
need to be very careful not to over water it. The 'canes' are pseudobulbs,
and they hold moisture and nutrients for the plant's use. Dends like to dry
out between waterings, but don't let that moss get bone dry, since it would
then be difficult to rehydrate.

A final note: you have a new plant growing from one of the canes. When the
roots get long enough, you can snap it off and pot it up. Is there a tag in
the pot, by the way? That would offer more insight into your plant.

Enjoy!

Diana