Old 19-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Gale Pearce

Gale...when you put it in the pond, at what depth do you put it and do you
leave it in the tub? Thanks
"Gale Pearce" wrote in message
I aways put mine in the pond for the winter (currently growing on the

deck
in a tub)
Gale :~)

I put it in the pond for the winter (actually 2 of them) so they don't
freeze - where I put it is ~18 " deep - during the summer they are up on my
deck for the growing season - after the leaves die back, I cut them back to
2" above the soil, take them out of their "deck pots" ( 2" - 3" larger all
around and ~5" deeper than the Lotus pot) and put the actual planted Lotus
pot itself into the pond with ~ 10 " water over the tub - this depends on
how thick ice gets in the winter - mine is ~ 6-8" thick
Gale :~)