Old 18-08-2005, 10:18 PM
John

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:48:33 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

David W.E. Roberts wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:50:15 +0100, Mike Lyle wrote:

I've more than once tried to set up a "delete on receipt" rule for
messages whose "From" line contains certain groups. It doesn't

work.
Is this because I'm doing something wrong, or because it's another
one of those M$ features which don't work for anybody?

I have a ruleset which works for 'uk.rec.yorkshire' (which used to

be
a source of idiot X-posts).

"Apply this rule after the message arrives
Where the message is on uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup
Delete it "

I am now just starting out with Pan because of the much better rule
set.

However I have found it a little fragile under Windows; it seems

rock
solid under Linux.

That's exactly what I've been doing, without the required result. I'm
using WinXP Home. Demon.local is one of the groups I've blocked, and
I duly get an empty screen if I click on demon.local in the OE
folders list; but messages cross-posted there still appear in the
newsgroups I read.

Do you think there's anything in my speculation that the system is
blocking only messages which _originated_ in the blocked group? I
haven't got any trolls on the screen at present, so I can't readily
check for that.

PLONKa