Old 19-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:

I only have one plant so it had better fall in love with its self or I won't
be getting any, Bob seemed to think planting it late may have not helped but
I normally put all my beans and courgettes in in late May, we get frosts
until mid may so its never worth starting any earlier. As for the "Its
waiting for it to warm up" its been as hot this year as I ever remember in
Cornwall so may be its not a great thing to be growing here.
I wouldn't mind but its taking up an entire raised bed, and no Bob I am not
feeding it, it would take over the garden if we did!

Yup. The cucurbita form a ranking of heat and sun demands, with
C. pepo needing the least and C. maxima and C. moschata next. The
UK is marginal for C. maxima (i.e. it will crop reasonably well
four years out of five in the south, in my experience). C. moschata
is something that 80% of people fail with ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.