Old 19-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Michael Persiano

Iris:

Prunus mume is an challenging and rewarding specimen for bonsai culture. The foliage can be managed during hot weather by both shading the tree and pinching away damaged leaves.

I selectively defoliate prunus throughout the entire growing season. The true beauty of the tree is revealed in the February timeframe (in the northeastern US) when its blossoms open and scent the surrounding area.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob