Old 19-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Derryl

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:17:48 +0200, Ellie C
wrote:

Hi You probably lost too many roots when you transplanted the
Marigolds.

Derryl
Calgary, Alberta.

I have a garden bed with marigolds along the edge and they are all
dying. The other flower in the bed are fine - iris, carnations, day
lilies. They get watered equally, obviously get the same amount of sun -
it's a bed only about 2 feet deep. I planted the marigolds after pulling
up a whole weedy patch of violets. They had been growing fine. After I
pulled them up I transplanted the iris to this bed, and edged it with
the marigolds, which had previously been in a terra cotta planter. What
could be causing this?