Old 19-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:57:56 +0000, cookyfemale
wrote:

Hi to all.. I am a first time lettuce grower (growing them in patio
pots), the type im trying to grow is an all year round growing type..
my problem is something keeps eating them one by one Is it slugs
and if it is should i cover my lettuces at night time. all advice
needed.

Slugs would be my first guess. Put out a couple of beer cups tonight
and see if you get any slugs. If it is slugs, covering the lettuce
probably won't do much good, in my experience the slugs live in the
bottom of the pots, or even deep in the lettuce leaves.

Penelope