Old 19-08-2005, 09:07 PM

Dani wrote:
[various questions, well answered already]]
2. Should I raise it up on bricks to add air? Wouldn't this allow
rats/foxes to get in and fish out the food scraps? We have had our
black sacks opened by both rats and foxes in our garden, so we know
they are around and don't want to attract them (the rats, anyway)

You are supposedly never more than 5 metres from a rat in the UK, if
our local environmental health expert is to believed. But that is no
reason to feed them.

The advice to avoid meat scraps is well-founded. I have seen two of
these daleks destroyed by badgers, after chop bones and the like.
Shredded, they were.