Old 20-08-2005, 02:51 AM
Apropos

Huh? What do you mean "pick the one you like best"? I actually replied to BOTH
of the answers I got. So I have no idea what you're suggesting "people like I"
are supposedly doing.

Additionally, what about my reply sounded like "arguing"? I was adding more
information, based on the comment I got, for clarification.

If you have a problem with what I wrote, you will need to clarify your objection
so that I know what you mean.

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
Over watering is the problem, most likely.

However, I have a question for you. Why do people like you ask a
question then search through the answers and pick the one you like
best? Why is that? You ask a question, get an answer, then argue the
answer.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:46:41 -0400, "Apropos"
wrote:

Thanks. Hard to tell if they're supple or not. Not REALLY dry... but

they're
yellowing, dying and then falling off (but others are green and healthy). So
it's not like they're yellow and just staying up there. They're not as dry

as
the leaves I was used to in the fall in the north, though - those were DRY.

As for fertilizer... even the dirt when I transplanted had some of the

osmocote
on top of it. It's time release and I didn't put much. Anyway - they

survived
4 months with that same fertilizer without problem. It's not like I JUST put
something on then they started turning....

"Travis" wrote in message

If the leaves are dry and yellow the tree may not have enough water
given the sandy soil. If they are supple and yellow maybe too much
water. I wouldn't have fertilized them until they were well established
if ever.