Old 07-12-2002, 05:44 PM
MC Emily

Default Cleaning fleece

"Mary Fisher" wrote

I've just sent 2 skins to be
'organically' cured and can't wait to get them back!

How is that going to be done? I have a Kerry Hill and a coloured skin

(can't
remember the breed) which need doing.

Hi Mary

I now have the details of the place that's going to do my skins. It's
called Organic Sheepskins and you can visit them at
www.organicsheepskins.co.uk As you thought, they don't descibe the process
but do say that they use a tannin from Mimosa trees grown in South Africa,
specifically for this purpose, and that no part of the tree is wasted.
They've held organic status for over 5 years. I hope this info is useful to
you. Let me know if you manage to 'rescue' your skins. I also have a Soay
skin that's gone through the cardboard stage and I'm not sure if I can
rescue it. I'm going to e-mail this place to ask them. Hopefully, they can
do something with it. It's beautiful colours and it would be a shame to
lose it. I'll let you know.

Jaqy