Old 07-12-2002, 06:03 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Wasps nest in the attic

In article ,
Rodger Whitlock wrote:
On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 21:15:35 +0000, Jim A
wrote:

I saw half a dozen hornets really go for someone about ten years ago.
Not a pretty sight and he got three stings. Unfortunately as seems to
often be the case a hornet sting means a visit to A & E, and he was kept
in overnight.

Would you happen to know the formal Latin epithet for these
hornets? I gather that the "European hornet" (what I suppose you
are referring to) is quite different from what we call hornets
here.

Vespa crabro.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679