Old 20-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Dwayne

I would sprinkle some 10 - 10 - 10 very lightly around the area and no
closer than 6 inches from the plant. Other wise I would get some miracle
gro and mix it in the water per instructions, and apply it while watering.

Dwayne

"Antipodean Bucket Farmer" wrote in message
Hi Everybody,

It is almost springtime on this half of the world. Yay!

My vegetables are in containers - mostly 10-litre (2.5
gal) buckets. The tomatoes go in buckets twice that
size.

Most of my potting soil has already been through two
years of use, so I figure that the original "slow-
release fertiliser" has exhausted.

So... How much fertiliser should I use, for a wide
variety of vegetables - broccoli, capsicum/bell-
peppers, courgettes/zucchini, strawberries, plus
lettuce and spinach? I am a bit concerned about over-
fertilising, with lots of foliage, but less fruits.

My main source is pelletised sheep manure and blood-
bone meal.

Thanks...

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due