Old 20-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Tiziano

Michael Persiano wrote:

Not around here. You are closer to the coast, where the humidity is higher.
In central NY, although we don't have quite as much heat, summer weather can
be extremely dry & windy. We are on the edge of the Continental climate. The
apricot did not have any undamaged leaves. By midsummer, the tree was a mess.
Besides, it never bloomed (it was seed-grown) and was subject to borers. I
sold it at the club auction & haven't seen it since. I haven't seen any Prunus
mume in the Rochester or Mid-Atlantic shows. Somebody in Rochester has a
gorgeous Hally Jolivette, & you occasionally see other flowering cherries, so we
are not deprived.
Iris

I agree with Michael
I have mine since 15 years about and is fine
and bloom every year
in between Xristmas to St Valentine
It needs a lot of vaporization on blossoms when
growing in december & not be taken inside
otherwise will wither
Mine has been severy damaged this last july
after defoliation ,when new leaves formed a and
hail detroyed the plum to 2/3
some little twig survived probably will have no
blossoms this winther
I live in zone 7
greetings
Tiziano