Old 20-08-2005, 08:22 PM
SVTKate

"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
news:sc8Ne.17867$%K4.5758@trnddc09...
: "SVTKate" wrote in
: nk.net:
:
: The MTD was the primary mower when we lived out west, for 9+ years.
: These days I mow about 6 acres, three with my Husquvarna 22/48 lawn
: tractor and three with a bush hog attached to the tractor. The MTD is
: only used down by the pond in places where either of the other two
: might be unsafe to operate. I wish I had a bigger, zero turn mower.
: Maybe when the Husky wears out. Oh and I DO maintian the Husky. I baby
: it like I do my car.
:
: How about you, what do you use?
:
: Right now I am using a Scotts 2000-20 push reel mower. Powered by
: processed doughnut lard.

Now THAT was great for a chuckle!

I've had it for about a year or two and I'm
: pretty satisfied. Takes less time mow (although I do mow more often) and
: much less irksome to operate. It doesn't cut cylindrical grass very well,
: usually knocks it over instead of cutting it. I guess those are rye seed
: stalks. Usually hit them again at an angle, pull them out by hand, hit
: them with a weedwhacker later, or just leave them. With my old cheapo gas
: mower (which also still works) I would just back up and park over them for
: a few seconds to make sure they got cut. Anyway, I doubt a manual push
: reel mower is a very good choice for people with 6 acres to mow. ;-)

I'm thinking you are right. Especially since hubs would be doing the pushing
LOL