Old 20-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:18:46 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Hi, Cat,

Welcome to rgo. If I read your post correctly,

If nothing else has changed, and if there are no pests or disease present,
it's just possible that the plant is pouting a la "I'm tired!"

HTH

Diana

Welcome - It sounds like your plant is generally healthy,
growing new leaves and looking vigorous. I am going to agree
with both pieces of advise. But I have to take a bet on the bud
drop tying into the humidity raise and fall from heat under the
pebble tray and then cool dry air in the evening. But I would
suggest removing the spike. There is a chance then that you will
get a vigorous plant pushing two new spikes or an especially
spectacular one rather than 2-4 buds at a time.

You do know that the plant will appreciate (demand) at least a 10
degree day to night temperature shift in the fall in order to
initiate the new spike. It can take months to go from small green
bump to a full flowered inflorescence.

Good growing.
SuE