Old 20-08-2005, 09:25 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 23:46:05 GMT, "Bill O'Meally"
wrote:

This may sound like a stupid question to more experienced ponders, but
how do you fertilize lillies without adding nutrients to the general
ecosystem and therefore promote algae growth?

You put the tab (I use Jobe's or Miracle Grow Tomato Spikes) in the soil.
Phosphate, the nutrient algae loves, binds with clay, so doesn't leach into
the water. Btw, I plant in a very sandy soil, so it must not take much clay
to bind it, as I don't have algae problems. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~