Old 20-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Paul in Redland

I plant all my plants in what we in the states call pea gravel, small stones
about 1/4" round or so. Works fine, fish don't mess with it and it holds the
plants well. If you insist on cat litter try to get some that is dust free
( yeah, right) and contains no perfumes or clumping agents. Try pea gravel
though, you won't be disappointed.

Paul

"David Sim" wrote in message
Hi

Cat Litter makes good Aquatic Soil ?

Pretty sure I've read about this before here, but memory fails me when it
comes to details. I'm assuming no perfumed or chemically treated stuff
(obviously) but can anyone tell me what else to look out for? I'm in the
UK so non UK brands won't mean anything to me I'm afraid.

Also what about home-made pots / planting baskets etc.. all tips
gratefully received

Cheers all

David