Old 21-08-2005, 01:19 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Also what about home-made pots / planting baskets etc.. all tips gratefully
received
David

I use plastic baskets approximately 12" X 18" X 6" deep that I pick up at
the Dollar stores. Do they have similar stores in the UK? The Pound store,
perhaps? ;o)

I then line them with weed fabric (the cheap stuff with no root inhibitors
added). Fill with my sandy soil mixed with water, of the consistency to
make well shaped mud pies. Add plant, use strips, so the plant is free to
grow, of the weed fabric on top and 1-2" size round rock on top of that.
The weed fabric keeps the rocks from sinking into the mud, plus keeps it
from bubbling up when you put plant in pond. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a