Old 21-08-2005, 11:23 AM
WaltA

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:54:01 +0100, Kay wrote:
How would one go about selling this 'valuable' crop !

Through independent greengrocers at the relevant time

What a good thought, and we still have rwo of those not far away
despite 4 supermarkets !
I wonder if I should try selling them bay leaves as well !

There is a mistletoe auction each year at Tenbury Wells.

Oh yes, just googled it, how interesting.

What trees are commonly adopted by mistletoe ?

Sorry, my bad,,
I meant what other trees (other than apple)
more googling needed ,,

Typically old apple trees, one reason for its prevalence in
Worcestershire and Herefordshire. According to Mabey 'British Flora'
most of the supermarket stuff is now imported from apple and poplar in N
France. There are a number of other hosts.