Old 21-08-2005, 12:36 PM
WaltA

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:40:41 +0100, Kay wrote:
Other main ones
are lime, hawthorn, field maple, elm, sycamore and ash.

But it's been found occasionally on lots of other things - false acacia,
horse chestnut, turkey oak, japonica, walnut, cotoneaster, laburnum,
almond, cypress. All this from Mabey.

I've made a note of the Mabey ref., for next time I'm at the library,
(is this the "Food for Free" Richard Mabey ?)

Gosh, thanks Kay & Nick, I did not realise that it could be found on
so many.
We have lots of field maple (grow like weeds !) and hawthorn as well
so a tour of inspection seems indicated.
I've taken down several false acacia but no mistletoe on them, perhaps
not old enough, although one was about 50ft high,
More googling needed on how fast does false acacia grow !