Old 21-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Kay

In article , WaltA please@dont
besilly.somewhere.com writes
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:40:41 +0100, Kay wrote:
Other main ones
are lime, hawthorn, field maple, elm, sycamore and ash.

But it's been found occasionally on lots of other things - false acacia,
horse chestnut, turkey oak, japonica, walnut, cotoneaster, laburnum,
almond, cypress. All this from Mabey.

I've made a note of the Mabey ref., for next time I'm at the library,
(is this the "Food for Free" Richard Mabey ?)

I believe it's the same one.

Gosh, thanks Kay & Nick, I did not realise that it could be found on
so many.
We have lots of field maple (grow like weeds !) and hawthorn as well
so a tour of inspection seems indicated.

It seems you are at a considerable advantage if you live in
Herefordshire or Worcestershire ;-)

--
Kay