Old 21-08-2005, 04:54 PM

I need to get lots of stuff for the garden but don't have a car. I
need:
Does anyone know of a good place to get these online which will
deliver?

I would have thought the cost of national delivery would be
prohibitive, except in very large volumes.

In this small town we have two local suppliers - Branch Bros and
Fenland - who will deliver in the town, and most of your material could
be had from a branch of Travis Perkins the builders mechants who
deliver from nearly every depot (get a trade card from them - then they
deliver FOC). Just outside town is the Waterside garden centre which
will also deliver, and only slightly further away the remarkable
Rassels nursery.

I can't believe we are unique in this regard. Almost all local traders
will have a large proportion of the customer base who don't have
transport.

If your problem is getting there to place an order, that might require
slightly more work - but I have found that a phone call will elicit
most services. Local traders have a lot to do to stay in business
these days, and are well aware of it.