Old 21-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Kay

In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from Kay contains these words:
In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from martin contains these words:

Oh, and I didn't see the OP (probably crossposted), but the songthrushe
population is *NOT* declining, it is growing quite markedly.

Not in the UK according to figures quoted on the BTO website.

http://www.bto.org/birdtrends2004/wcrsonth.htm

BTO?

British Trust for Ornithology

I'm quoting from what was said recently on (IIRC) 'Farming Today' on R4
(But might have been 'Open Country'.

There's been a slight increase over the last 10 years, but it hasn't
recovered to anywhere near the levels of 40 years ago.

I don't suppose anyone's claiming that - just that there has been a
marked increase in the numbers recently, probably down to better habitat
management and more set-aside.

It didn't look marked to me, but maybe we differ in how we define the
word.
--
Kay