Old 07-12-2002, 11:54 PM
ned

Default Is fire ash any good for soil ?

Derek Turner wrote:
On Sat, 07 Dec 2002 17:59:56 +0000, HaaRoy

wrote:

I have always thought that using ash from the bonfire was good for
the plants but am i under a false illusion ?

depends what you burnt: wood and plant material is good
I'd think twice about old tyres and matresses.

I'd go along with that.
We had a big derelict plot that required a lot of 'tidying up'. This
resulted in several bonfires which we moved around depending on the
wind direction. Despite the fires being quite fierce and leaving 6 ft
diam piles of ash, all the sites have been reclaimed by mother nature
and are thriving. Nature is a great re-cycler. Return to her that
which was hers and you won't go wrong.

--
ned