Old 21-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Jim Lewis

Alan Walker wrote:
When I was in Miami for BCI's 2001 convention, Bonsai on
Board, I had a chance to visit the exhibit of the Miami Bonsai
Society at Fairchild Gardens. They had a wonderful educational
exhibit. I imagine they would be flattered if you wanted to use
it for inspiration, Billy.
For a permanent, ongoing exhibit it will not be practical
to have a high maintenance live plant educational exhibit, so
photos, text, and possibly video (in an interactive kiosk?) will
probably be a good plan.

We (the Tallahassee club) borrowed the S. Florida exhibit
for the show this spring (I posted pics on the gallery) and
it was a big success and garnered many comments and compliments.

I'd use a permanent exhibit of a selection of bonsai pots --
mame, medium, large, various shapes and depths -- examples
of a bonsai soil (most people ohh and ahh at the coarse
soil, some tools, etc.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --