Old 22-08-2005, 02:00 AM
Tom Puskar

I use a mix of about 35% kitty litter and 65% back yard dirt. Cover with an
inch of pea gravel. I used to buy aquatic soil but it got to be a bother
and expense. Seems to work well and all my plants are thriving.

Tom in Howell, NJ

"David Sim" wrote in message
Hi

Cat Litter makes good Aquatic Soil ?

Pretty sure I've read about this before here, but memory fails me when it
comes to details. I'm assuming no perfumed or chemically treated stuff
(obviously) but can anyone tell me what else to look out for? I'm in the
UK so non UK brands won't mean anything to me I'm afraid.

Also what about home-made pots / planting baskets etc.. all tips
gratefully received

Cheers all

David