Old 21-08-2005, 10:54 PM
pammyT

"michael adams" wrote in message
snipped time consuming method

WHat a lot of time consuming and unnecessary palaver though. Why bother
when you don't need to?

People reading a gardening NewsGroup would probably do better to
follow the above advice, which accords with every published authority
on the subject. Advice which is pitched at every level, and is soundly
based on the actual biological processes involved.

If you can produce one single authority or reference on the subject
which contradicts any of the above, and claims blanching is unnecessary
for beans which are to be stored for any length of time, then please feel
free to do so.

Some people are afraid to inhale and exhale unless there is scientific data
to prove it is safe to do so .
Data? Nope, just been freezing my produce for decades. Never blanched beans
and never blanched tomatoes either. All last a good year or until the next
fresh crop is ready and tastes wonderful. I blanch very little as I have
better things to do in a day.