Old 22-08-2005, 03:16 AM
Ted

I have a Canon Powershot Pro 1. It was reasonably priced, with 8
megapixels images. The photos I have taken with it have turned our
great. I am still trying to figure out some aspects of using it, such
as how to turn off the flash and have it maintain a high shutter speed
(at least high enough that the image doesn't blur).

I would not be surprised if there are better cameras out there, but
this is a god one that is affordable.

My suggestion would be that you pay more attention to what you like and
less to reviews, except when they refer to reliability. If, e.g., the
reviewer indicates the product needs service every few weeks,. then you
know it is garbage regardless of how good a picture it takes. But if
it is described as reasonably durable, and you like the pictures it
taes, how can you go wrong? And in my experience, if you go into the
smaller photography shops, they are usually quite happy to let you take
a few test photos in store with the digital cameras they have in stock,
and print them out on their photo printer. (One in town here offers
printing of photos take with a digital camera as a service to those who
have such a camera but not a printer.) They see it as a way to compete
with big box stores that are often lacking more in terms of quality of
service than they provide in discounts to prices.

Cheers,

Ted

R.E. (Ted) Byers, Ph.D., Ed.D.
R & D Decision Support Solutions
http://www.randddecisionsupportsolutions.com/
Healthy Living Through Informed Decision Making