Old 08-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Lemons & Oranges from Pips ?

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

Provided it is kept frost free it may be better off being left somewhere out
of drafts and slightly on the dry side. Not likely to lose much water if it
is entirely without leaves. Mine still has plenty of flowers even now but is
kept in the main living room against a south facing floor to ceiling picture
window.

Most common citrus can take some frost if fairly dry at the root,
and it is merely overnight.

I am still a bit vague on the correct feeding regime for citrus plants. Any
recommendations ?

The usual one is never to feed a plant in its dormant or inactive
seasons. The agrochemical companies sell expensive "winter feed"
but my guess is that it is pretty pointless.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679