Old 22-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Mike Lyle

Kay wrote:
In article , Jackie D
Jackie.D.1u5o writes

Re Cornflowers.

Ground being too dry makes a lot of sense given where they are
planted: it is a particularly dry spot.

If I was to stake them, what is the best method do you think? I

have
been using bamboo canes and plant rings but, as I said in my
firstpost, they tend to look bunched and ugly.

No idea. I don't stake mine - I prefer them to look natural.

[...]

I wonder if Jackie's either using the wrong size of plant ring (too
tight), or not pushing them in quite deep enough (too high). When I
support plants at all, it's generally very low down on the plant, to
allow natural curving but not total flopping. A case for experiment.

--
Mike.