Old 22-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Rob

Guelph is a sad cousin to the much grander g Cambridge (population
106,000 vs. over 120,000). Cambridge is part of Waterloo Country,
Guelph is part of Wellington County.

Cambridge (before Free Trade and the American take-over) was once a
leading industrial base specializing in textiles and manufacturing. It
took a major hit when all the jobs were exported south of the border,
but things have bounced back pretty well.

The city still has three distinct downtowns since the city was an
amalgamation of the City of Galt, the Town of Preston and the Village
of Hespeler (and a few other surrounding communities such as Blair and
Beaverdale).

Guelph made its name as the home of Moo-U (The University became a
leading agricultural and agrarian learning institution and the best
vet school around.) Oh, and everybody knows Guelph has the worst water
in 100 square miles. g

I'm sure somebody from Guelph could find something nice to say about
the place, but the trick is finding anybody who is willing to admit to
being from Guelph. g

I'm not from Guelph, but I think the river/stream/creek that runs
through UW campus is quite nice. We'd call that a creek, btw. The
roads are pretty good, too (compared to our crappy Michigan roads).

There, that is two nice things about Guelph. There must be at least two
more...

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1