Old 09-12-2002, 08:00 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Lemons & Oranges from Pips ?

In article ,
"Sue & Bob Hobden" writes:
| "Nick wrote in message
|
| I am still a bit vague on the correct feeding regime for citrus plants.
| Any
| recommendations ?
|
| The usual one is never to feed a plant in its dormant or inactive
| seasons. The agrochemical companies sell expensive "winter feed"
| but my guess is that it is pretty pointless.
|
| Can't say I've noticed a dormant season with our citrus. The fruit grow all
| year round, indeed, take up to a year to come to maturity, and the plants
| seem to have there individual ideas about when to flower, strange plants
| citrus.

They are, indeed. It will obviously depend on the conditions you
keep them in, but mine are essentially dormant. This is partly
because they are pretty cool, but probably more because of the
lack of light. It isn't a true dormancy, which is why I said
"or inactive" - growth is unlikely to be vigorous.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679