Old 22-08-2005, 06:33 PM
WaltA

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:36:33 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
Lombardy poplars are not a true variety of poplar, but are cultivated by
rooting cuttings from a branch of, IIRC, the black poplar, and the
cutting doesn't know it's not a branch any longer, and continues growing
straight up.

Oh! I never knew that, most interesting.
You mean to say that it isn't only us gardeners that get confused and
don't know what we are supposed to be doing :-)
That sounds my kind of tree ! I must have one !!

Sounds as though it might be labour intensive, I wonder how much they
cost,
,,,goes to search of suppliers