Old 23-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Jean

Toni wrote:

Jusr reminded me- as small children in the 50's we collected these
caterpillars and actually sold them door to door!
And amazingly some folks actually bought them. I think we asked maybe two
cents apiece- just enough for ice cream money. I can't imagine that many
children would be met with such willing door answerers nowadays!

When I was a kid we tried to sell Buckeyes. Once they started falling it
was a race to see who could gather the most. I only remember one person
buying them though. And I never could make holes in them to thread them.
Bet I was the only girl on our street without a necklace.

Jean
Zone 5 OH
Go Tribe!