Old 22-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Travis

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
"Mike Lyle" writes:

Nick can explain the stats better than I, and I wish dear old
Franz were still with us to describe the physics, but I think
it's essentially correct to say it's a matter of what the
layman would call "averaging". A localised concentration does
nothing to detract from the principle applied globally; and,
very interestingly, according to catastrophe theory, may even
appear to produce a transitory effect _contrary_ to what a
global calculation would predict.

As demonstrated by the technology of paraffin refrigerators.

Even though I Googled for it I can't find how a paraffin refrigerator
works. Anyone?

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington