Old 22-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Sarah Dale

john wrote:
What I would like is a no work patch of grass or lawn, shouldn't be
impossible in this day and age. All advice welcome.

I suspect that is impossible. What you can achieve is a less work lawn.

I mow my lawn every two weeks on a high blade setting, and leave the
weeds be. I have maye 2 or 3 times the amount of lawn you have and part
of its on a damn great big slope, I mow it in 20 - 30 mins tops,
admittedly with the help of an 18" blade rotary petrol mower.

For a basic utility lawn (not bowling green) mow reguarly whether its
once a week (best), every other week (fine), or every month (I wouldn't
leave it any longer!) except when the grass isn't growing (probably
sometime between Oct/Nov and Feb/Mar/Apr - dependent on loaction and
weather), making sure you cut your grass to the longest length your
lwoer will do - an inch is generally recommended for this type of
treatment. Leave the weeds be, the worst of them will diappear over time
with regular mowing, the rest you can live with.

If you haven't got a mower, invest in one, or possibly a strimmer - I've
never used one and don't like them but it may suit you, and has the same
effect used reguarly.

If you are not willing to put in the time, then look into an alternative
such as astroturf or concrete.

Sarah