Old 23-08-2005, 05:42 AM
Steve

Dwayne wrote:
I don't know if I would tie blossoms shut. I read some where that when the
baby squash turn yellow and rot on the vine, it was caused when the blossom
was not visited by enough pollinators. .......

No,no...when you tie the blossoms shut it is so you can go out later and
do the pollinating yourself. That way you know exactly which plant the
pollen came from. It's good to tie it back shut right after, so a bee
doesn't come and add pollen from somewhere else. Even if the pollen
carried by the bee only contributes to a few of the seeds, they just
might be the seeds you choose to plant next year.

Steve