Old 23-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Yeah, with mixed success.

I have a Wheel Horse Classic (Toro, now) with a big iron 10HP Kohler and a
"mulching" deck.

"Stalling" deck is a better description. When it gets all full of "mulch",
the belts burn, the blades stumble, and it stops mowing.

So, I fabricated a permanent cover for the back edge (a lot of area to
cover), and carved out a side chute with my blue wrench.

It took several days of fiddling and trimming, and the addition of some
"guide strips" inside the deck to get it to reliably discharge.

Shoulda sold it, instead.

LLoyd

"EP" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone had success converting a rear bagger mower to a side
discharge?

I have a craftsman mulching rear-bagger without any side discharge
option, but am considering buying the spring/door/chute that would
normally go on a craftsman side discharge, cutting the hole in the side
of the deck and attaching the door/chute. It seems like a
straight-forward process but I'm not sure if there's something I'm
missing or if anyone's had good or bad experience doing this.

-EP