Old 23-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Ann

"pam" expounded:

Earwigs can feed on flower buds, but they are more likely to chomp on
decaying organic matter. You can trap them
using a rolled up, moistened newspaper. Just place it in the garden in the
evening where you think they congregate and
collect in the morning and toss in the trash. They will have taken up
residence overnight.

What is actually feeding on your plants is none of the above.

I respectfully disagree about the earwigs, Pam. They do quite a
number on my flowers, plants and all, whern there are lots of them -
they especially love torenia and mimulus ( I've seen them in
action! Thankfully they aren't numerous this year, it's been too dry.
Then again, maybe I'd prefer some earwigs and rain!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts