Old 23-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Charlie Pridham" writes:

| Its what we spot treat mealy bug with, never eradicates it but so long as we
| do a good autumn and spring clean and tidy which gets rid of most
| overwintering eggs it keeps the lid on things (I too have found in small
| structures the BC simply escapes!)

Thanks. I am hoping to eliminate it, by hitting the main plant
hard and cleaning up well in the winter and spring. But that
relies on its eggs not being viable for more than about 6 months.

You don't know any of the details of how and where it overwinters
(except in crevices), how long eggs remain viable and so on?
I have tried to find decent references to this and failed dismally.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.