Old 23-08-2005, 12:43 PM
WaltA

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:16:29 GMT, "Gilly" wrote:
Does anyone know what variety of potato is likely to be the one you buy at
the supermarket - the normal everyday white potatoes in plastic bags for
about 90p or thereabouts for 2.5kg?

Estima and Nadine seem to be quite common round here, but many others
show up from time to time, even Marris Piper has been seen in Lidl,
but normally those are found in more expensive bags.

I agree with Pam, it should be marked on the prepack bag.
But you have to look close sometimes !

In fact, I think I remember reading that it is a (new fangled?)
regulation or statute that the bags must be so marked.
Where that leaves the small trader who bags up a few for
customer convenience I don't know.