Old 23-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Jackie D Jackie D is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Begg
have
been using bamboo canes and plant rings but, as I said in my
firstpost, they tend to look bunched and ugly.

No idea. I don't stake mine - I prefer them to look natural.

[...]

I wonder if Jackie's either using the wrong size of plant ring (too
tight), or not pushing them in quite deep enough (too high). When I
support plants at all, it's generally very low down on the plant, to
allow natural curving but not total flopping. A case for experiment.

I find that if I put supports in place before they are really needed the
plants can relax and droop a little bit as they grow higher it gives a
sort of compromise
--
Sue
Remove the puppies to reply