Old 23-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Tumbleweed

wrote in message
oups.com...

Sacha wrote:

Why do you want a lawn? Why don't you put down an impermeable membrane,
cover it with gravel or pebbles or paving (or a mix of those) with a
water
feature of some sort and pots of plants around and about? If people
aren't
going to sit on the grass itself, I can never, ever, understand why those
with a small garden want a lawn at all. I'd get rid of it and have a
paved
terrace on which to put chairs and tables or sun loungers. But don't
cement
it over. People you sell your house to in years to come might feel
differently.
--

I went to see a house last year and the garden was almost completely
covered in slate chippings.

Bad roof?

--
Tumbleweed