Old 23-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...

Sacha wrote:

Why do you want a lawn? Why don't you put down an impermeable membrane,
cover it with gravel or pebbles or paving (or a mix of those) with a

water
feature of some sort and pots of plants around and about? If people

aren't
going to sit on the grass itself, I can never, ever, understand why

those
with a small garden want a lawn at all. I'd get rid of it and have a

paved
terrace on which to put chairs and tables or sun loungers. But don't

cement
it over. People you sell your house to in years to come might feel
differently.
--

I went to see a house last year and the garden was almost completely
covered in slate chippings.

One of the comments people made when we opened our garden to the public
recently was 'Oh,you have a lawn, how lovely" Our 'lawn' is about 2 metres
x 3 metres, but it is a bit of grass :-))

Mike