Old 23-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message %VAOe.12345$g47.9087@trnddc07, Travis
writes
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message DGxOe.10628$g47.7290@trnddc07
from "Travis" contains
these words:

Even though I Googled for it I can't find how a paraffin
refrigerator works. Anyone?

Same as a gas one.

Since paraffin is a soild (isn't it) and gas is a gas I don't get
it.

'Paraffin' is a group of hydrocabons which includes solids through
to gases. The paraffin referred to is somewhere in the middle of
the group and is called kerosene in Transpondia.

Transpondia? When I Google that word I find something about bringing a
visitor or fiance to the UK.

This is getting really weird.

British understatement refers to the Atlantic Ocean (occasionally) as
The Pond, and hence to North America (more often) as Transpondia or
Leftpondia.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley