Old 24-08-2005, 02:00 AM
Dustin

99% of my plants are mounted on cork or treefern and I water everyday
most of the year. I wonder what role the substrate will play in my
case.

Dustin

Ray wrote:

Pat,

Out of curiosity, at what strengths were you using the Dyna-Gro products? I
used about 1 teaspoon per gallon of each, which gave me a pH of about 6.3
and a nitrogen loading of about 100 ppm.

I had considered that maybe the major difference was the substrate itself,
as I grow a lot in PrimeAgra in S/H culture, but I also have lots of plants
in sphagnum, in CHC/charcoal/perlite, and in baskets with little or no
medium, and I didn't have any such problems.

This is most curious....

Oh yeah, one more thing. How can sharing your experience make you a
scum???? I think it has led to an interesting discussion!