Old 24-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Gail Futoran

"Jeff & Kathy Brown" wrote in message
I received some roses for my anniversary and they are sprouting at the leaf
nodes. Does anyone know how I can get a future rose bush from these?
Thanks

I've grown new bushes after taking cuttings from
existing bushes. I don't know if that's possible
from florist roses. I suppose you could stick
the cane in some water and see if it produces
roots but I'd guess it's unlikely. (I've done that
with vines, like the passionvine, but those aren't
a woody plant.)

Better to go to www.helpmefind.com, do a
search on the criteria that interest you (color,
form, etc.) and buy a rosebush that is close
to what you want.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8